Saturday, January 1, 2011

True Lies

I will start this by saying that I will be making changes in the New Year based on the feelings I express in this blog...

People we all lie!  Lets get that straight from jump.  The thing that frustrates me is when people won't acknowledge that the lie that they admit they told is really a lie.  Let me explain.  A person will admit that they told an untruth but try to justify it so that it can not be labeled as a lie.   I call this the "HYPOCRITE DISCLAIMER STATEMENT" .  This is when the LIAR uses a statement to rationalize the lie that they have told.   Examples of such statements are, "I was just joking", "oh that's different", "I didn't want to talk about it", "I didn't lie I just let you believe what you wanted", "It wasn't that big of a deal"...             


Let me help clear this up.  If you say something that's not true it's a LIE!  Omission of the truth is a LIE!  The fact that you believe what you said doesn't make it true...IT'S A LIE! {EXCEPTION BEING THAT YOU WERE LIED TO.  THIS DOESN'T INCLUDE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THEIR OWN BULLSHIT}.  Providing misleading information because you don't want to talk about something is a LIE.  Because you feel like you can justify a non-truth doesn't make it ok...it's still a LIE.  You can't make it true by getting mad at the person for not believing it...IT'S A LIE.

Now that I have established a baseline standard of what a LIE is {believe me there are more examples} let me continue with my rant {after all this is my page}.   My motivation for this is you, yes you!  All of you who have LIED and refuse to admit it even after being caught.  To me it is very insulting.  I am not saying all of this because I want an apology or for you to fully confess what you have LIED about.  My only hope is that I might convince at least one person to join the ranks of the "Radical Truth Tellers".  Maybe at least then they can say to themselves, "I did Lie!"  From there we can move forward into the New Year if you agree that you will try to do better.  By doing better I mean I personally would prefer that people say "I don't want to talk about it" "I'd rather not say" "none of your business" "I don't want to lie to you" or even "I plead the FIF!".  

I know that by now there are those of you thinking "who does he think he is" well allow me to retort ....I'M ME BITCH!  


No comments:

Post a Comment